Still puzzling over your flooring decision? Here is a quick run down on Moduleo flooring and how it compares to Karndean & Amtico
When you started looking for flooring ideas, you’d heard of Karndean and Amtico. However, walking into one of our Millers’ showrooms you were greeted by a beautiful range of flooring that we offer through Moduleo. What is this product though and is it as good as Karndean or Amtico?
Introduction to Moduleo
Moduleo is part of the IVC group, which was founded in 1997 and is one of the largest manufacturers of vinyl flooring in the world. Moduleo is a luxury vinyl range of flooring which combines the authenticity and beauty of natural products with rugged durability.
LVT as it is sometimes known as, was originally designed for the commercial industry due to its easy maintenance and robustness. However as the design offerings expanded the domestic market soon wanted a part of it.
Moduleo flooring is made up of 7 layers, which combine to create a stylish flooring product that is :
- Scratch and scuff resistant
- Sound and heat absorbent
- R10 rated slip resistant
- Easy to clean
Currently the luxury vinyl brand has three unique design ranges; Impress, Transform and Select. Much like Amtico & Karndean they offer authentic looking wood and stone finishes that would look amazing in any room of your home, without the drawbacks of the real materials.
Moduleo is available in tiles or planks depending on your design preference and can be installed using a patent click mechanism or a dry back method.
Moduleo were the first LVT manufacturer to introduce a click mechanism, making it a direct alternative to the laminate. The luxury vinyl click does not affix permanently in location and instead creates a floating flooring with the planks joining together through a tongue and groove technique. In addition unlike wood and laminate, click vinyl flooring is waterproof and requires little or no expansion gap.
What makes Moduleo different to Amtico & Karndean?
In simplest terms Moduleo, Karndean and Amtico are all different brands that are associated with a similar product offering – Luxury Vinyl Flooring. However, if you dig in closer there are certain characteristics that make Moduleo stand out differently.
4 key characteristics that differentiate Moduleo from Karndean & Amtico
- Their eco-friendly focus
- The flooring contains upto 50% of recycled material of verified origin and are themselves recyclable.
- Cleaning the floor does not require harsh chemicals to keep clean; in-fact they are advised against.
- They use a windfarm at their production plant to generate a significant amount of their power requirements.
- Affordable pricing; while still providing a high quality finish Moduleo is far cheaper than the Amtico and Karndean alternatives. I’ve heard some people using an Audi vs VW analogy to help describe the difference.
- Their production plant is based in Belgium, instead of the Far East where other manufactures ship from; saving on unnecessary transportation and giving peace of mind that EU standards are adhered to.
- All Moduleo luxury vinyl flooring comes complete with a unique Protectonite PU wear layer, which protects the flooring from scuffs, stains and dirt.
Looking for reassurance about the quality of Moduleo?
Read Julie Simpson’s story, which illustrates the high quality finish obtained through the use of the Moduleo product and our professional and experienced fitters.
Already got a style in mind and want to get a quote, book a measurement appointment with Derek here
What else would you like to know?
If you are still feeling confused, please let us know what has you puzzled in the comments below and we will do our best to answer it.
Other useful information
Looking to carpet an area? Read our article all about Man-made & woollen carpets